You are given three Options for the level of Health Guarantee you would like for your dog. Please read carefully before you make a decision. Your signature acknowledges you have read and understand that your health guarantee depends soley upon the option you choose.
- OPTION I (GOOD!): Initial Health Guarantee:
Your new puppy is guaranteed to be virus free for three business days from the date it is received. Although we have done everything we can to prevent these things, parasites, coccidian, and giardia are common problems in animals, especially young puppies, and can be treated; therefore, these are excluded from this guarantee. A visit with your own vet within 3 days is recommended, including a fecal exam, to confirm the health of your new puppy, and establish a relationship with him/her and your new puppy right from the start. (If any parasites are found, treatment is the purchaser’s responsibility).
Your new puppy is guaranteed to be free from the following genetic diseases through parentage: CNM (central-neural myopathy), Copper Toxicosis, Cystinuria, DM (degenerative myopathy), Elliptocytosis, EIC (exercise induced collapse), Hereditary Nasal Parakeratosis, Hyperuricosuria, Myotublar Myopathy 1, Progressive Retinal Atrophy-Cone Rod Dystrophy 4, Progressive Retinal Atrophy-Golden Retriever 2, PRA/PRCD (progressive retinal atrophy, progressive rod-cone degeneration), Pyruvate Kinase Deficiency, Retinal Dysplasia/Oculoskeletal Dysplasia 1, & Skeletal Dysplasia 2 . You will be provided with copies of parents’ clearances including OFA results plus any individual testing done on your puppy.
Your puppy will have had its first vaccine and a series of de-worming given as deemed necessary by our veterinarian (Dr. Kip Warren of Winfield Veterinarian Hospital 620.221.9505). This is all recorded on the health record you will receive when you pick up your puppy. Good Health is defined in the guarantee as free of serious illness or genetic defects that will shorten your dog’s life.
Should your puppy be deemed to not be in Good Health, the puppy will be accepted back to DuckCreek. At Buyer’s discretion, puppy will either be replaced with a comparable puppy of same value (or of greater value where the Buyer is willing to pay the difference) from the first available litter of Buyer’s choice or be given a refund limited to the purchase price of the puppy. DuckCreek will not refund any additional cost to the Buyer including shipping, taxes or medical expenses.
This guarantee does not cover mistreatment of puppy, injury, accidents, poisoning, etc., dog is not overweight, underweight and has not been used in agility, running, jumping or over exercised during their growth period of 24 months during the period of guarantee. It does not cover trauma related or environmental factors that have affected the dog adversely. DuckCreek does not guarantee your dog’s hips against any form of dysplasia which is attributable to non-genetic causes. If the dog is bred before two years of age, this contract is no longer in effect. This guarantee applies only to the original purchaser of this dog.
Terms of the Initial Health Guarantee:
- A licensed veterinarian must examine the puppy within 72 hours (3 business days) of adoption at the Buyer’s expense.
- Upon findings by a licensed veterinarian that there is a serious illness or genetic defect that alters the life of the puppy, Buyer must notify DuckCreek within 72 hours.
- The puppy must be returned to DuckCreek within 10 days of the notification at the Buyer’s expense.
- DuckCreek reserves the right to have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian of its choice at their expense. Should there be a discrepancy between the Buyer’s and DuckCreek’s licensed veterinarian’s findings, DuckCreek’s veterinary findings shall control.
Serious illness and life altering defects do not include: umbilical hernia, external or internal parasites or bacteria, coccidiosis, giardia, undescended testicles, inverted vulva, cataracts (juvenile or adult), under bite or over bite. The preceding list of illnesses and defects are not an exhaustive list. DuckCreek does not make any guarantee or warranty to the puppy’s personality or disposition although we take great pride in making sure your puppy has been well socialized and introduced to many sights, textures and sounds before going to his/her new home.
Should any of the above terms not be met, Option I Guarantees will be held void.
Nutritional Requirements: Our primary objective is to breed genetically sound Labrador Retrievers but genetics are only part of raising a healthy dog. A large component is nutrition. The majority of dog foods on the market cannot be relied upon solely to meet your dog’s nutritional requirements. Poor nutrition can be attributed to a number of health issues. Our goal is to assure our puppies are given the best nutritional care possible. Therefore, we require that you choose one of the two options explained in the next section of this contract to activate Option II or Option III DuckCreek Health Guarantee.
- OPTION II (BETTER!): Includes Option I plus Hip & All Inclusive Genetic/Hereditary Health Guarantee
Hip Guarantee: DuckCreek follows and implements the Orthopedic Foundation of Animals (OFA) guidelines for evaluation and grading of hip dysplasia. We guarantee Buyer’s puppy to be free of hereditary severe hip dysplasia for 24 months. Should the puppy be found to have hereditary severe hip dysplasia, DuckCreek will either replace the afflicted puppy with a comparable puppy of the same value (or greater value where the buyer is willing to pay the difference) from the first available litter of the Buyer’s choice or be given a refund limited to the original purchase price of the puppy. DuckCreek will not refund any additional cost to the buyer including shipping, taxes or medical expenses.
Terms of Hip Guarantee:
- The puppy must not be allowed to become obese.
- The puppy must not have suffered any trauma prior to the exam.
- The puppy must be given exercise, yet not excessively. Buyer agrees not to start agility, heavy or competitive field training or any activity which may damage the puppy’s bone or muscle structure until he/she has reached a minimum of 18 months of age. (Puppy needs to reach a physical maturity level which will allow such activities not to damage the animal.)
- The puppy must have an exam on hips at age 24 months with xrays being sent to the OFA.
- DuckCreek must be provided a copy of the licensed veterinarian’s and the OFA findings within 10 days of finding severe hip dysplasia.
- The puppy may not have sired/whelped a litter prior to the testing of their hips.
- Failure to have the OFA evaluation/rating of your puppy’s hips at 24 months voids any further warranty by DuckCreek with respect to problems that may exist with your puppy’s hips.
Genetic/Hereditary Health Guarantee: The puppy you are adopting is guaranteed to be in good health and free of all genetic life-threatening illness or hereditary disorders that result in major quality of life issues or death for a period of one year. (This includes illness/disorders that have not been tested for.) Should your puppy die from or be determined to be affected by a genetic life-threatening illness or a hereditary disorder in the first year, puppy will either be replaced with a comparable puppy of same value (or of greater value where the buyer is willing to pay the difference) from the first available litter of Buyer’s choice or be given a refund limited to the purchase price of the puppy. DuckCreek will not refund any additional cost to the Buyer including shipping, taxes or medical expenses.
Terms of the Genetic/Hereditary Health Guarantee:
- A licensed veterinarian must determine the cause of death. It is up to the Buyer to provide evidence that cause of death was genetic or hereditary. Likewise, with genetic life-threatening illness or hereditary disorders.
- Upon findings by a licensed veterinarian that there is a genetic/hereditary defect that causes the puppy decreased quality of life or his/her death, the Buyer must notify DuckCreek within 72 hours.
- All the dog’s vet records must be sent to DuckCreek’s vet for his opinion to determine the cause of death.
- Should there be a discrepancy between the buyer’s and DuckCreek’s licensed veterinarian’s findings, DuckCreek veterinary findings shall control.
OPTION II Requirement: You MUST use either NuVet Plus Canine OR Life’s Abundance Kibble.
- NuVet: If you choose to use a different dog food than Life’s Abundance, you must supplement with NuVet Plus. Your Health Guarantee will be honored as stated in the above sections. NuVet is a highly reputable company that produces an excellent product. NuVet Plus Canine is an immune system builder with a precise balance of vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, amino acids and high-potency antioxidants that will ensure a complete and healthy diet for your dog. For your convenience, you may order directly from the manufacturer by calling 800.474.7044 and using *Order Code 22470, order online through the link on our website or go directly to their site: www.nuvet.com. By using auto-ship, you can save an additional 15%. *It is very important to enter the correct order code so we have records of your purchases.
- Life’s Abundance: If you choose to continue the Life’s Abundance kibble but decline continuing the NuVet, Option II will be honored as stated in the above section. Life’s Abundance is made only with select ingredients to help you dog achieve and maintain optimal health. Unlike many competing formulas, this premium dry food contains guaranteed amounts of several beneficial ingredients including live probiotics! There are no artificial colors or flavors, no corn or corn gluten and no wheat or wheat gluten. This kibble can be ordered through the Life’s Abundance link on our website, by going to www.DuckCreeksHealthyPets.com or by calling 877.387.4564. You must use ID number 2087742 when calling Life’s Abundance directly.
Of special note, Life’s Abundance is shipped fresh (no older than 6 weeks) to your door, usually arriving within 1-2 business days. There has never been a recall on any of their products. Should this happen, since you order directly from them, files are maintained so they are able to notify you immediately of a problem. I encourage you to go to www.DuckCreeksHealthyPets.com and learn more about this great company and their products.
Should any of the above terms not be met, Option II Guarantees will be held void.
- OPTION III (BEST!): Option I & II guarantees will be honored for a period of 48 months.
OPTION III Requirement: To qualify for Option III, you must feed your puppy/dog Life’s Abundance along with the NuVet Plus. We use this combination here at DuckCreek (with the addition of NuJoint starting at 8 weeks of age) and highly recommend you consider going this route.
Should any of the above terms not be met, Option III will be held void.
TO GET YOU OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT
At the time you pick up your puppy, I will provide you with a bag of 10 NuVet supplements along with a 6.6 pound bag of Life’s Abundance Large Breed Puppy Kibble. This bag of food will last approximately eight days. It is suggested that you order additional products ahead of your new arrival so there is no lapse in their routine. By putting your orders on auto-ship, you will save a substantial amount over time (10%-15%). Auto-ship can be adjusted or cancelled at any time.
If you choose to use another kibble along with the NuVet supplement, the food from the starter pack will help in the transition to the new kibble. You should transition over a period of 7-10 days, slowly introducing the new kibble as you reduce the kibble he/she is accustomed to. Too rapid of a transition may cause diarrhea.
In the unfortunate event that you are unable to keep your puppy and are unable to find a suitable home, we request you return the puppy/dog and allow us to rehome it for you. We DO NOT want any of our puppies/dogs sent to a shelter under any circumstances! Please, please call us before doing this!!!
Thank you so much for allowing DuckCreek to assist in providing you and your family with what we know will be one of the finest most enjoyable and loving additions to your home that your could possibly have selected. DuckCreek stands fully behind its representations and health guarantees. Should you at any time have a question or concern, we will do everything possible to assist you to your complete satisfaction.
This represents the entirety of the Health Guarantee/Nutritional Requirements Agreement between Buyer and DuckCreek, LLC. The terms and conditions of which are fully known, agreeable and enforceable.